Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Thoughtful groups of words

Greetings all,
As I am getting used to Gluck's structure of poetry, I am finding some of the poet's lines quite fetching and so descriptive:
"Parable" starts out with a good first line:
"First divesting ourselves of worldly goods, as St. Francis teaches,..."
"...pilgrims rather than wanderers" offers such a distinction of meaning. This phrase hits home because I am planning to walk the "camino" in Spain next year.

"An Adventure" cleverness of numbering the paragraphs. Simple but intriguing.
Humorous to me was: "Neigh,neigh, said my heart, or perhaps nay, nay- it was hard to know" adds on such a wonderful storytelling feature.

I enjoy the minute detail of "the smell of a white pine" in The Past, which prompted me to read about the White Pine. Maybe the "smell" is not so minute.
http://www.windbreaktrees.com/whitepine.html
I am working on a piece on Birch trees.The senses derive from  intricacies of  nature and our attachment to.
As the poet compares her mother's voice with the sound of White Pines, or simply trees...a negative characteristic? Love the question at the end; to leave the reader in a quandary.

I am still reading "Faithful and Virtuous Night" over and over. Um. I have a long ways to go with this piece. Meanwhile:
A clever beginning with a word play.
"a sound of buzzing like the sound of prayers", "striped pyjamas", "Restless, are you restless?" (equal)  less is more!
"... like a lighthouse whose one task is to emit a signal"
An ominous sign in stanza 8?
Gosh, how I remember those aweful Dick and Jane readers. Gluck nailed the memory.
Lovely description: "How deep it goes, this soul, like a child in a department storie, seeking its mother-". Loved it!
To be continued...



No comments:

Post a Comment